How To Rewire Your Restaurant Brain For Total SuccessJul 12, 2021
Creating new habits and rewiring your brain is not easy. If it was, everyone would be living their life to the potential and not have any backslides. Real, life is not like that!
It takes constant and steady pressure to change yourself. That is why the concept of Kaizen is SO IMPORTANT to our new way to look at not only ourselves but our restaurants. Every day you make small improvements.
Success Is Just One Degree
I've been thinking lately about the big differences little things make.
Consider this. If you're going somewhere and you're off course by just one degree, after one foot, you'll miss your target by 0.2 inches. Trivial, right?
But what about as you get farther out?
- After 100 yards, you'll be off by 5.2 feet. Not huge, but noticeable.
- After a mile, you'll be off by 92.2 feet. One degree is starting to make a difference.
- After traveling from San Francisco to L.A., you'll be off by 6 miles.
- If you were trying to get from San Francisco to Washington, D.C., you'd end up on the other side of Baltimore, 42.6 miles away.
- Traveling around the globe from Washington, DC, you'd miss by 435 miles and end up in Boston.
- In a rocket going to the moon, you'd be 4,169 miles off (nearly twice the diameter of the moon).
- Going to the sun, you'd miss by over 1.6 million miles (nearly twice the diameter of the sun).
- Traveling to the nearest star, you'd be off course by over 441 billion miles (120 times the distance from the earth to Pluto, or 4,745 times the distance from Earth to the sun).
Over time, a mere one-degree error in course makes a huge difference!
The same is true with your restaurant.
This is why you can't run your restaurant on auto-pilot too soon.
If you don't set the course correctly in the beginning (which no one does -- close, maybe, but not exactly), the odds of success are slim, at best. You've got to watch the results you're getting and make constant course corrections.
Let's look at another example of small differences having huge effects.
Two people come to a mountain with a pot of gold on top, 5,000 feet up. The first is so lazy that, although he wants to get to the gold, he refuses to take an upward step. He walks around the base of the mountain, always staying at exactly the same elevation.
The second guy is pretty lazy too, so he too refuses to hike the steep trail to the top. In fact, he heads off on almost the same course as the first guy, except that he angles off just enough that with each step, he goes up 0.5 inches -- about a one-degree slope.
No matter how long the first guy walks, he'll always remain at the base of the mountain. The second guy has a long road ahead of him, but after about 23 miles of hiking, he reaches the pot of gold.
The difference is one degree.
How many people live their lives walking around the base of the mountain, never getting anywhere?
Everyone travels 24 hours every day, whether they're climbing or not.
How much richer could your life be if you'd make even a "one-degree" effort to improve something about yourself or your business each day!
It doesn't even have to be anything hard. You just have to do something and do it consistently.
Pick something to do one degree better today, and then never stop doing it. It'll make all the difference in your world.
All of my coaching programs are created to give you that one-degree edge.
Important Things To Remember
1. It doesn’t matter what is true only what you believe is true because with work that will become true. Your thoughts create your beliefs, your beliefs become your reality. The universal theory of everything and the master algorithm of evolution is Beliefs > Actions > Results > Feedback. You must intercept your own algorithm at the beliefs stage, take massive action with your new beliefs, experience your results, listen to feedback and then iterate your beliefs and actions, again and again, each time to perfect the process.
2. Where you are in life, your current situation, it’s all your doing. You built yourself and your life and it's you who's solely responsible for where you are right now and where you got in the future. There is no external force, person, or thing against you - it’s all you.
3. We are not physical bodies bound to earth by gravity with a hopeless existence, we are the evolution of light, a waveform experiencing consciousness and what we perceive to be reality is simply a magnificent illusion. We create our own realities through our thoughts, beliefs, and actions. The best way to live life is to evolve yourself and achieve whatever you want, to become whoever you want to be.
4. We are not the highest version of ourselves that we can imagine. We are the lowest version of ourselves that we can accept. Understand that you will do nothing to achieve your dreams but fight like hell to not breach your standards. If you want to achieve your dreams and goals you must turn them into irrefutable standards.
5. Be constantly aware of your own patterns of existence. As humans, we are constantly in conflict between the person we are right now and the person we want to become. The two selves are often at war with each other and create a waveform like a pattern of highs and lows. Take note of the highs and the lows and look for markers to warn you of the turns so that you can catch yourself and correct them.
6. The key to all evolution is variation and when you start to grow tired of what is in the light you must face what is in the dark. We must understand the dualism that exists in our minds and lose the binary stance of one true right and wrong and one true me and not me. Nothing is static and everything in this universe is forever becoming. The real question is: “Who am I becoming?”
7. Our minds are an on/off system that is programmed over time to believe certain things and our experience of reality is simply the result of those beliefs. When we experience something or think of something we stack a rock on a particular set of scales, either positive or negative. Each belief is a scale and whatever side has the most rocks on it that’s what we believe. What we believe is our reality.
8. Be constantly aware of mental feedback loops. What one thinks is what one thinks about. A circular relationship where cause creates effect and effect bends back around and feeds back into the cause in a self-fulfilling reflexive cycle. Mental feedback loops can build you up to be the best in the world or break you down till you consider taking your own life. Make sure you catch the downs and feed the ups.
9. Most people's character has become so strong and defined that it’s reversed the roles and pulling the strings on its own master. You have to pin your character down and define exactly who it is and what it’s capable of and then figure out what you really want to achieve in life and see if that character is fit for the job. If the character isn’t fit for the job it’s time to design one who will achieve it with ease and make the conscious decision to grow into it. Your character is changeable and you pull the strings.
Here are some of my daily affirmations that I read to myself twice a day (morning and also before bed).
- I always think and act today. I feel heroic, confident, and exhilarated knowing my actions today will create momentum tomorrow and the next day – I feel unstoppable.
- I am free of the fear of rejection. Rejection is a necessary thing to achieve success. I act without fear of rejection and feel confident, strong-minded, and energized.
- I am good enough. I am smart, helpful, and worthy of taking up anybody’s time. Knowing I am good enough makes me feel comfortable, confident, and exhilarated.
- I am free of the fear of mistakes and failure. Mistakes and failures are good and necessary to achieve success. I act without fear of failure and feel excited, heroic, and unstoppable.
- I am very proud to be free of judging other people and comparing them to myself. I feel happy and strong-minded.
- I love taking action. I feel courageous and exhilarated by taking action and I build extreme momentum and prosperity when taking action.
- I find it easier and easier to constantly improve myself personally and professionally every day. My positive affirmations, goal setting, and constant action make me an incredibly successful businessman. I feel incredibly positive and strong-minded.
- I love exercising every day. I am in perfect health and have an amazing body. Going to the gym, exercising and healthy food choices make me feel well-rounded and accomplished and the benefits I receive from exercise are incredible I feel amazing every day.
- I attract success. Success and good things are naturally attracted to me and I feel prosperous and amazing every day.
- Success comes to me easily. Abundance and prosperity flow to me from every direction and I feel exhilarated. I can’t wait to wake up each day knowing that success is guaranteed for me.
- I see opportunity everywhere I look. Opportunity is everywhere and it is there for me every day. I feel overwhelmingly confident and positive every day with an abundance of opportunities.
- It’s easy to be successful. I rejoice in the fact that I am successful and will become more and more successful every day – huge success is inevitable for me. I feel prosperous and abundant.
- I feel amazing every morning I wake up. I bounce out of bed first thing knowing that the day has huge opportunities planned for me. I feel excited, confident, and exhilarated each morning as soon as I open my eyes.
- I create the life of my dreams. My plans, goals, and actions build my destiny and this makes me feel powerful and in control.
- I am an unstoppable human being and can achieve anything. I feel powerful, smart, and determined.
- I am a motivated and energetic person, I feel good every single day. This makes me feel healthy, happy, and energetic.
- I am proud of myself and my success, I have achieved a great deal and this is just the beginning, I feel humbled and honored.
- My life is filled with harmony and happiness. Life continues to issue good fortune and wealth my way and I feel energetic and excited.
- I have a wealth and abundance mindset, I can achieve anything that I want to, and I feel so powerful and unstoppable.
- Abundance is my natural state, I see abundance everywhere I look and I know that life will always be this way for me. I feel at ease and proud.
- Money comes to me in expected and unexpected ways, it’s attracted to me from every different angle possible. I feel gifted and powerful.
- I give myself permission to live an abundant life, I deserve it and I will live the rest of my life from this position of abundance and power. I feel exhilarated and intoxicated with life.
- I love money and money loves me, money is sacred to me and I do great things with it. The world is a better place because of me and what I do with my large amounts of money. I feel confident and gifted.
- I have absolute certainty in my ability to generate any amount of income I choose. I am one of the most creative people in the world of restaurants and I am rewarded for this every single day. I feel gifted and honored.
- I am willing to let the fear go and live in harmony with all life, I deserve the best of everything and I have no problem receiving it. I feel gifted and special.
- I release all of the past beliefs that have limited me from becoming rich, I now think from a position of power and abundance, I am rich and successful and I deserve what I have and more. I feel blessed and honored.
LifeHack: I recorded my affirmations and play them to myself sometimes in the afternoon if I need a little kick in the mindset.
Remember that THOUGHTS BECOME THINGS!
If you are ready to take your restaurant to the next level then schedule a complimentary 1:1 Success Strategy Session with me. Let's have a crystal clear conversation about where your restaurant is now and where you want to be in the next 90-days. I'll give you and plan to follow and we'll discuss if I can help you get there faster.
Join my tribe BEFORE your competition does!
Tips, tools, and the latest ways to help your restaurant break free from mediocrity delivered right into your inbox!
I hate SPAM too. I will never sell your information, for any reason.